Health Savings Account
Health Savings Account
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a high deductible insurance plan combined with a savings account to be used for your medical expenses. Contributions made are tax-deductible (consult tax advisor), as are qualified medical expenses.
- Competitive tiered interest rates
- Minimal annual fee
- Health Savings Account checks
- HSA debit card
- Online and Mobile banking
How will I know how much money is in my HSA account?
This account is set up similar to an Old Fort Bank checking account. You will receive HSA checks and an HSA debit card to access the account. You may check your balance at any of our offices or by Telebank or Online Banking. You will also receive a monthly statement.
Why Opt for a Health Savings Account?
- A lower cost, high deductible health insurance plan
- A tax favored health savings account
- Interest rate higher than traditional savings accounts
- Dollars you don't use will continue to accumulate year after year
Am I Eligible for an HSA?
If you meet the requirements listed below:
- You are covered by a high deductible health plan (HDHP)*
- Your annual out-of-pocket expenses which includes deductible and co-pays cannot exceed the annual amounts*
- You are NOT enrolled in Medicare
- You cannot be covered by another health plan other than an HDHP
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return
- Under the age of 65
*For complete information regarding eligibility, annual contributions, qualified medical expenses and more, please call 1-800-829-3676 to order IRS Publication 969 and Publication 502 or by logging into www.irs.gov. You may also check with your employer regarding HSA annual updates. You are responsible for determining whether a distribution is a qualified expense.
How do I make payments for health care services?
You may make payments by using your HSA checks or HSA debit card or by electronic withdrawal if your health care service provider has that option available.
How do I set-up an HSA?
Simply stop by an Old Fort Bank Financial Center.
For more details please contact:
Sheri Lehner - HSA Coordinator - 1.866.347.3440 ext.1526
What information will I need to open an HSA?
Your social security number
A valid U.S. Driver's License or State ID card or another form of identification or a U.S. Birth Certificate