An HSA offers financial advantages to business and employee alike, helping you both keep your bottom lines healthy.
- Competitive Interest
- Tax Advantages1
- No “Use It or Lose It” Policy
- Contact a Commercial Banker Today
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn competitive interest on entire balance
- Make tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more1
- Accessibility to funds2
- Additional personal contributions may be made, tax-free
- Unused funds remain in account
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Federally insured by FDIC
- Avoid the $2 monthly service fee by:
- Maintaining a $500 minimum daily balance or
- Enrolling in eStatements via Old Fort Bank Internet Banking
- No minimum deposit to open
- Provide great benefit to employees
- Helps retain and attract good employees
- Contributions are tax deductible1
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Little administrative burden
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
A closed account fee of $25.00 will be assessed if the account is closed within 90 days from opening.
1When used for qualified medical expenses. Consult a tax adviser. Qualified expenses include most medical care and services, dental and vision care, weight loss programs, some over the counter medications, mileage, and more.
2You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty tax.