Old Fort Banking Company History
The Old Fort Banking Company is a locally owned and operated financial institution. Founded in 1916 by citizens of the village of Old Fort, Ohio, the bank was chartered as a state institution. The bank’s name and community bank philosophy has remained the same over the years. Serving people with respect, concern for the community, and employing secure business practices is a tradition which is just as important today as it was in 1916.
1917 – Old Fort Bank constructed its first financial center located at 8034 Main Street, Old Fort, and opened its doors for business on April 4, 1917.
1957 - Old Fort Bank was approached by the Business Men’s Association of Bettsville with a request to open an office in their community. The new office was opened in a vacated building located on the corner of State Street and Union Street in Bettsville.
1979 - Old Fort Bank built a modern financial center in Bettsville, offering a lobby area and drive through services located at 238 State Street.
1988 – Old Fort Bank constructed a new financial center in Tiffin, located at 634 West Market Street. Old Fort Bank remained the local community bank as each bank in Tiffin was sold to regional competitors. Several years later, the Westgate Financial Center was enlarged, nearly doubling the size of the building.
1995 – Old Fort Bank purchased a vacant building in the Tiffin downtown business district. Located at 33 East Market Street, today this financial center is one of the largest of the bank’s facilities, employing more than 25 employees.
1996 – Old Fort Bank continued to expand into new markets that were in need of a local community bank. The bank opened a financial center in Fostoria located at 599 Plaza Drive in the Fostoria Plaza shopping area. An addition was built to the existing structure to meet the needs of area clients.
1999 – The bank purchased property and constructed a full service financial center at 300 West State Street in Fremont. The new location is centrally located, just minutes from any location within the city limits.
2000 – As we moved into a new century, the Old Fort Banking Company introduced Internet banking. This service continues to prove that community banking and technology work hand in hand, providing services to clients who enjoy the convenience of online banking.
2003 – Old Fort Bank opens its eighth full-service office in Clyde. The new financial center located at 651 West McPherson Highway was constructed and completed by local contractors.
2007 – Old Fort bank opened a new drive through facility at 2140 Enterprise Drive. This facility, located on State Route 53 in a shopping area, was welcomed by our clients.
2008 – The bank broke ground for a new full service financial center located at 15030 Flag City Drive in Findlay. In September, 2008, Old Fort Bank celebrated the opening of a new facility in Findlay. This was the first venture into a larger market, as Old Fort Bank brought its style of local, community banking to Hancock County.
2008 – An opportunity presented itself to open a loan processing office to primarily serve the commercial and business needs in the Centerville, Ohio market. With local, experienced staff employed, Old Fort Bank looks forward to offering its community bank philosophy.
2009 - Old Fort Bank opened a Mortgage Loan Production Office in Xenia. The bank employed local bankers with experience and leadership and looked forward to providing community bank service. Planning ahead, property was purchased at the corner of Wilmington Pike Road and East Briggs Road in Greene County, Ohio for the construction of a full service financial center.
2012 - Old Fort Bank opens its first financial center in Greene County. The new office located at 6430 Wilmington Pike in Sugarcreek Township, marks the opening of the bank's tenth financial center.
2013 - At year end, an opportunity presented itself to open a Loan Production Office to primarily serve the commercial and business needs of Allen County. An office located at 545 West Market Street in Lima was opened and an experienced commercial banker from the area joined Old Fort Bank to introduce Old Fort Bank's community service philosophy to the Western Ohio Community.
Old Fort Banking Company is pleased that Dianne Gillmor Krumsee carries on the tradition of leadership following in the footsteps of her grandfather, Howard Fry...her father, Paul M. Gillmor...and her brother, Paul E. Gillmor.
Other board members consist of community leaders and businessmen who are dedicated and share a passion for community banking. They value the importance of providing a bank where decisions are made and service is provided in each and every financial center by people who know their clients and their community.
The tradition of community banking continues and we take pride in being the cornerstone in the communities we serve. Our commitment to service and our clients remains a high priority. We are well capitalized, tightly regulated and more risk averse than big banks, and we continue to make loans in the communities we serve. In spite of the trouble on Wall Street, we will remain committed to securing deposits and making loans on "Main Street".